April 11, 2014
In less than two months, the end of the school year will be upon us and it will be time for our summer adventures. Our themed summer program will keep your child learning with an all-day, all-fun program. Summer Camping at KIDDIELAND ECE allows the children to “break away” and leaves them rejuvenated to return to the more diligent nature of structured activities during the school year. They are allowed the freedom to invent their own projects, they are physically challenged, and they have a chance to participate in service activities within the community and learn new skills. The schedule is flexible and offers enough security, independence and stimulation to meet the needs of the child.
KIDDIELAND ECE offers a variety of unique and exciting Enrichment Camps and Special Interest Clubs to inspire and educate the camper. Enrichment camps will enhance your child’s summer experiences and the Special Interest Clubs provide much creativity and variety involving both indoor and outdoor activity and use of large and small motor skills.
Our 2014 special interests will include:
• Wild Animals and Habitats Explorations
• Jewelry Making
• Stretch n Grow Exercise
• Foreign Language Exploration
• Artist’s Clay and Aquarela Painting
• Chef and Kitchen Culinary Arts
• 3D Art
• Kiddieland ECE Water Park Fun
• Throughout the Summer Camp, students will participate in different on site events to enhance their curriculum. • Because we now have our beautiful playground, we hope to utilize it for all of our onsite entertainment, sand and water play, and picnics. As always with our open door policy, we welcome parents/guardians to participate in our activities, visit our shows, and serve as chaperones.
• For safety and security reasons, please know that we have limited the number of major outings as we prefer to keep the children within the Kiddieland ECE building, playground, or in facilities which house smaller capacities.
One permission slip is included with your contract which covers all field trips.
• Please, dress your child comfortably so that he or she may take advantage of all learning opportunities, indoors and outdoors. Your child should wear clothing that is washable and adaptable to food spills, paint and water play.
• Please provide a labeled Ziploc bag with one pair of extra socks and exchange the current winter clothing for summer clothing to be left in your child’s cubbies.
• As this is the traditional time for movement in our industry we have many new families looking for full-time childcare arrangements for the summer. Our waiting list is growing every day; now is the time to secure your spot. Please approach Marianne Irlweg should you have any changes in your childcare enrollment prior to May 9, 2014.
Rules and Guidelines
• Because the majority of our activities will begin early, we ask that all children be in attendance no later than 9:00 a.m. starting on June 2nd to August 22nd. Remember if the children arrive after 9:00 a.m. they will be missing many of the activities.
Children arriving after 9:00 a.m. on an outside activity day will not be accepted and cannot attend camp that day.
• Remember all children enrolled in summer camp have breakfast included as long as they arrive before 8:30 a.m.
• No flip-flops will be allowed; hats and flip flops may not be worn inside of the Kiddieland ECE building.
• All children are required to have their own labeled sunblock (no spray,) and a full change of clothing including
socks and water shoes
• Families who are currently enrolled on a full-time basis at Kiddieland ECE have priority on summer camp
• Families not enrolling their children in the Summer Camp Program should find alternative care for days where all
the children will be in planned outdoor activities.
Tuition and Fees
• In addition to our usual tuition the monthly Registration/Enrichment Fee that will cover all field trip admissions,
bus rentals, in house presentations and programs is:
– $50.00 for the Little Explorers, Primary Preschool, Preparatory Preschool, and Kinder Foundation.
– $25.00 for June only and $50.00 for each July and August for Afterschool/Tutoring Program
• Tuition and Registration/Enrichment Fees for the summer 2014 Session will be due on the following dates: June 1st, July 1st and August 1st, 2014.
Note: Activities are subject to change due to weather conditions or availability. Kiddieland ECE may substitute
activities if necessary.
If you are available to help or have any question, please contact the Sumer Camp Coordinator, Ms. Marianne Irlweg,
in person or at (W) 773-202-1199 and (C) 773-497-8326.
Attached you can find our calendar of activities and Summer Camp Contract. Please return your Summer Camp
Contract no later than April 30, 2014 at 1:00 PM.
Important Message regarding School Age Children
• Please note that the last day of drop off and pick up at Chicago Public Schools is June 13, 2014.
• The last day for drop off and pick-up for children attending Union Ridge School is June 6, 2014
Mrs. Zarahi Menendez