December 15, 2017
Dear KIDDIELAND ECE II Families,
As the year nears its end, the entire Kiddieland staff would like to thank you for your support of our center. Watching your children this past year, both physically and educationally, has been a great motivation. We continue to be inspired and honored to be able to witness their growth. The staff at KECE II looks forward to continuing to work with you as a partner in educating your child in the year 2018. We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on helping us make this a successful Fall semester for the students of KECE II. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to enhance, day by day, the excellence in education that Kiddieland continues to provide. Traveling the path to success can only be achieved when parents and educators work together. We feel blessed to have created a school that exemplifies doing “whatever it takes” for the children in our community. This is why we welcome all families to be a part of their child’s classroom, making use of the Open Door Policy, helping us form that strong sense of community that is so special for a child’s growth and development. We have so much loved that so many of you were able to join our afternoon snack with moms and dads! I will continue to add those days to the upcoming calendar as well as rotate the days, trying to meet the needs of everyone’s schedule.
We have welcomed two exciting new programs this Fall and will continue throughout the rest of the school year: Creative Movement with Ms. Jasmine and The Rock ‘N’ Kids Music Company with Ms. Erin!
With less than two weeks left of school, we would like to provide a few important reminders:
- We have just concluded the Annual Scholastic Book Fair. We thank all who participated with the purchase of books as the sales helps build the classroom libraries.
- The Kiddieland ECE II 2nd Annual Literacy & Art Fair was Friday, December 15, 2017. Parents came to take part in purchasing art projects created by the students of KECE II and volunteered to read a book of their choice to their child’s class. We greatly appreciate all families who participated in this event!
- Our second Parent/Child Activity of this school year is Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., please see your child’s teacher for the project details.
- Santa is coming to Kiddieland ECE II on December 21, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Santa will be visiting each classroom, singing songs, and giving candy canes to the children. You will have the opportunity to purchase a picture with Santa to take home at the end of the school day. Please join us in welcoming our guest of honor!
- Our last day of school before the holiday break is Friday, December 22, 2017. This is also the ever-so-comfy Pajama Day!
- School will resume on Wednesday, January 3, 2017, enjoy the break everyone!
- In the event that it is necessary for Kiddieland ECE II to close due to weather or some unforeseen event, parents will be notified via email, phone calls, or text. Therefore, in case of a heavy snow accumulation, please check your email, voicemail, or text before bringing your child to Kiddieland ECE to avoid an unnecessary trip. Please be sure that we have all of your updated and current information if we need to contact you.
- A payment history of your 2016 Kiddieland ECE tuition will be provided to each family in mid-January. This information will prove valuable when preparing your 2017 income tax returns and flexible spending accounts for child care.
- Please remember, ALL students must arrive to school no later than 9:00 AM.
Attached is a copy of the 2018 Winter/Spring Calendar listing important dates, vacations, holidays, special events, and early dismissal days.
Please stay alert as students bring home important information as well as emails, postings on the doors, on clipboards, also letters from the school throughout the year. In keeping with our efforts to maintain the lines of communication open, we encourage families to meet with our teachers during the calendar-assigned dates at 3:30 PM during Afternoon Snack with Mom’s & Dad’s. The teachers are there to answer any specific questions and we simply love you being a part of the classroom. We welcome your feedback and thank you for your positive feedback on Facebook and Yelp. And as always, please remember to like us on Facebook.
The cold weather has returned, and even in the cold weather months, we believe that outdoor recess is an important and valuable part of the student’s day. Children need to move during their day and it is a time for students to burn off some of that “energy” they have stored all morning, get some exercise, and simply socialize with their peers. Students will go outside most days during their scheduled outdoor time, unless the weather is extreme, raining, or unsafe. With that in mind, we ask that you consider the temperature and weather conditions outside as your child prepares to come to school each day and have them dress appropriately. Warm winter jackets/coats, hats, boots, scarves, gloves/mittens and snow pants in winter are essential for the students to be able to enjoy their time at play outside. Also, now is a good time to change out your child’s spare clothing from the classroom cubbies to winter spare clothing.
Boot trays are placed outside of your child’s classroom; please be sure to have a spare pair of shoes for your child to use specifically at Kiddieland. Kindly have all personal items marked with your child’s name for easy identification. We realize that the temperature in our building may vary, so dressing in layers is a good practice. Kiddieland ECE is characterized by maintaining an impeccable indoor and outdoor facility. Help us continue this by doing your best to remove snow and salt from your boots prior to entry and using our green carpet runners to absorb the excess snow and salt that may have remained. Please ensure adults and children remove boots/shoes before entering the classroom.
The aspects regarding the safety of children, families, neighbors, suppliers, and institutions are important to us. Please, notify a staff member if there are any concerns regarding the security of the school and we will make sure your concern is attended to immediately. Once again, we ask that when entering the building, you use your own personal code and not piggyback on the code of another family. Please know that this is for the safety of all of our children.
In closing, all of the staff would like to wish our entire KIDDIELAND ECE II family the very happiest of holiday seasons. It was a pleasure working with you and your children this year and we look forward to continuing that relationship in the coming year. Peace, love, health, and happiness in 2018!
Ms. Samantha Cohen