Dear KIDDIELAND ECE II Families,
As the year nears its end, the entire Kiddieland staff would like to thank you for your support of our center this year. Watching your children this past year, both physically and educationally, has been a great motivation. We continue to be inspired and able to witness their growth. The staff at KECE II looks forward to continue working with you as a partner in educating your child in the year 2017. We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on helping us make this a successful fall semester for the students of KECE II. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to enhance, day by day, the excellence in education that Kiddieland continues to provide. Traveling the path to success can only be achieved when parents and educators work together. Along with this letter, you will find two gift certificates from La Havana Cafe & Señor Pan Cafe. This is our way to say thank you to all the families for all your hard work, generosity, and support. We feel blessed to have created a school that exemplifies doing “whatever it takes” for the children in our community.
With less than two weeks left of school, we would like to provide a few important reminders:
• The Scholastic Book Fair is being held from Monday, December 12, 2016 through Friday, December 16, 2016. Books may be purchased at drop-off or pick-up and credit or cash is accepted. The purchase of books also helps build the classroom libraries, so please be sure to visit. The more books sold, the more books Kiddieland ECE II receives!
• The Kiddieland ECE II 1st Annual Literacy & Art Fair is this Friday, December 16, 2016. Parents are welcome to take part in purchasing art projects created by the students of KECE II and may volunteer to read a book of your choice to your child’s class. During this time, books from the Scholastic Book Fair may be purchased.
• Santa is coming to Kiddieland ECE II on December 21, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Santa will be visiting each classroom. He will be singing songs and giving candy canes to the children. Your child will have the opportunity to purchase a picture with Santa to take home. Please join us in welcoming our guest of honor!
• Our second Parent/Child Activity of this school year is Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 4:00 p.m., please see your child’s teacher for the project details.
• Our last day of school before the holiday break is Thursday, December 22, 2016. School resumes on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
• In the event that it is necessary for Kiddieland ECE II to close due to weather or some unforeseen event, parents will be notified via email, phone calls, or text. Therefore, in case of a heavy snow accumulation, please check your email, voicemail, or text before bringing your child to Kiddieland ECE to avoid an unnecessary trip. Please be sure that we have all of your updated and current information if we need to contact you.
• A payment history of your 2016 Kiddieland ECE tuition will be provided to each family in mid-January. This information will prove valuable when preparing your 2016 income tax returns and flexible spending accounts for child care.
Attached is a copy of the 2017 Spring Calendar listing important dates, vacations, holidays, special events, and early dismissal days. Also, added to the Spring Calendar are three informational discussion panels that will be held at the Cicero location: 5142 W. Belmont Ave. These are great opportunities to gain some enrichment about challenging behavior, child abuse or neglect, and violence in the community.
Please remember, ALL students must arrive to school no later than 9:00 AM. Please stay alert for the information students bring home as well as emails and letters from the school throughout the year. The cold weather has returned, and even in the cold weather months, we believe that outdoor recess is an important and valuable part of the student’s day. Children need to move during their day and it is a time for students to burn off some of that “energy” they have stored all morning, get some exercise, and simply socialize with their peers. Students will go outside most days during their scheduled outdoor time, unless the weather is extreme, raining, or unsafe. With that in mind, we ask that you consider the temperature and weather conditions outside as your child prepares to come to school each day and have them dress appropriately. Warm winter jackets/coats, hats, boots, scarves, gloves/mittens and snow pants in winter are essential for the students to be able to enjoy their time at play outside. Also, now is a good time to change out your child’s spare clothing from the classroom cubbies to winter spare clothing.
We have placed boot trays outside of your child’s classroom; please be sure to have a spare pair of shoes for your child to use specifically at Kiddieland. Kindly have all personal items marked with your child’s name for easy identification. We realize that the temperature in our building may vary, so dressing in layers is a good practice. Kiddieland ECE is characterized by maintaining an impeccable indoor and outdoor facility. Help us continue this by doing your best to remove snow and salt from your boots prior to entry and using our green carpet runners to absorb the excess snow and salt that may have remained. Please ensure adults and children remove boots/shoes before entering the classroom.
The aspects regarding the safety of children, families, neighbors, suppliers, and institutions are important to us. Please, notify a staff member if there are any concerns regarding the security of the school and we will make sure your concern is attended to immediately. Once again, we ask that when entering the building, you use your own personal code and not piggyback on the code of another family. Please know that this is for the safety of all of our children.
In keeping with our efforts to maintain the lines of communication open, we encourage families to meet with our teachers during the classroom-assigned Coffeeville times on Friday mornings to answer any specific questions. We welcome your feedback and thank you for your positive feedback on Facebook. And as always, please remember to like us on Facebook.
In closing, all of the staff would like to wish our entire KIDDIELAND ECE II family the very happiest of holiday seasons. It was a pleasure working with you and your children this year and we look forward to continuing that relationship in the coming year. Peace, love, health, and happiness in 2017!
Ms. Samantha Cohen