We would like to take the time to thank the families that have supported Kiddieland throughout this past school year, and a special thank you for the moms/dads/grandparents who participated in the planting and flower decorating our Green Playground. We had such an impressive turn out. Our mother’s day gardening will conclude with the installment of new outdoor planters once the construction work on Cicero is finalized, this will contribute to the splendor that Kiddieland have been recognized by in our community. As it is tradition, Kiddieland has already begun our center beautification, the floors have been shined, plants have been added to every classroom and common areas to enhance the “at home” feeling. We also provided maintenance to our heat and central air systems. A major upcoming repair will be our Kiddieland parking lot will be resurfaced during the summer. We will provide more details closer to the date of repair.
With much enthusiasm, we are proud to announce that Kiddieland will begin the restoration and reconstruction of the 3813 N Cicero building. This will allow for Kiddieland to add a Learning Bambini infant classroom that has been much requested. We are anticipating a completion of this project for fall 2017 and as customary current Kiddieland ECE families and their referrals will have first priority during open enrollment.
PARENT COLLABORATION is essential for Kiddieland to promote the partnership between home and school.
Therefore, we kindly ask for volunteers to:
• Participate in the classrooms or during activities at least one hour per school year
• Help with the repair of one of the playground drum
• Remove and dispose the playground playhouse
• Remove and dispose the playground mini golf board
Summer is finally approaching! Kiddieland ECE students are counting down the days. Summer Camp at KIDDIELAND ECE allows the children to “break away” and leaves them rejuvenated to return to the more structured activities during the school year. Our summer program is focused on keeping your child learning with an all-day, all-fun program. They are provided opportunities to invent their own projects, express their inner artist in various forms, be physically motivated, and learn new skills. The schedule is flexible and offers enough security, independence, and stimulation to meet the needs of the child.
KIDDIELAND ECE offers a variety of unique and exciting Enrichment Camps and Special Interest Clubs to inspire and educate the camper. Enrichment camps will enhance your child’s summer experiences and the Special Interest Clubs provide much creativity and variety involving both indoor and outdoor activity and use of large and small motor skills.
Our 2017 special interests will include:
● Animals and Habitats Explorations ● Stretch n Grow Exercise
● National Park Adventures ● Music & Art in the Park
● Chef and Kitchen Culinary Arts ● Kiddieland ECE Waterpark Fun
1. For safety and security reasons, please know that we have limited the number of major outings as we prefer to keep the children within the Kiddieland ECE building, playground, or in facilities which house smaller capacities.
2. We will utilize our beautiful and safe playground for all of our onsite entertainment, sand and water play, and picnics. As always with our open door policy, we welcome parents/guardians to participate in our activities, visit our shows, and serve as chaperones.
3. As this is the traditional time for movement in our industry we have many new families looking for full-time childcare arrangements for the fall. Our waiting list is growing every day; now is the time to secure your spot. Please approach Ms. Marianne Irlweg should you have any changes in your childcare enrollment prior to May 31, 2017.
Rules and Guidelines
1. Because the majority of our activities will begin early, we ask that all children be in attendance no later than 9:00 am. Remember if the children arrive after 9:00 am.
2. Children arriving after 9:00 am on an offsite activity day will not be accepted and cannot attend camp that day.
3. Remember all children enrolled have breakfast included as long as they arrive before 8:30 am. Reminder: no outside food or drinks are allowed.
4. Please, dress your child comfortably so that he or she may take advantage of all learning opportunities, indoors and outdoors. Your child should wear clothing that is washable and adaptable to food spills, paint and water play.
5. No flip-flops will be allowed.
6. Hats may not be worn inside of the Kiddieland ECE building.
7. Please provide a labeled Ziploc bag with a full change of summer clothing, including socks and water shoes to be left in your child’s cubbies. Please remove current winter clothing.
8. All children are required to have their own labeled sunblock (no spray).
Tuition and Fees
1. Summer Camp Registration/Enrichment Fee which will cover all field trip admissions, bus rentals, in-house presentations, and programs is $50.00 per child per month in addition to the KECE monthly tuition. Summer Camp Registration/Enrichment Fees will be due on the following dates: June 1st, July 1st and August 1st, 2017.
2. As noted on our parent handbook and website, tuition charges will be increased effective July 1, 2017. A 5% increase will be reflected on your July 1, 2017, statement. Tuition charges are as follows:
|6 wks to 14 months||77||81||90|
|15 to 24 months||60||63||69|
|2 years old||51||55||59|
|3 years old||44||47||52|
|4 years old||43||46||50|
|5 years old||43||46||50|
|6 to 12 years old||39||42||45|
The summer camp calendar is linked here, Click Here to Download the KECE Summer Camp 2017 Calendar. Note: Activities are subject to change due to weather conditions or availability. Kiddieland ECE may substitute activities if necessary. If you are available to help or have any questions, please contact the Summer Camp Coordinator, Ms. Marianne Irlweg, in person or at (W) 773-202-1199 and (C) 773-497-8326.
Mrs. Zarahi Menendez