January 02, 2020
Dear KIDDIELAND ECE Families,
As the year nears its end, the entire Kiddieland staff would like to thank you for your support of our center. Watching your children this past year, both physically and educationally, has been a great motivation. We continue to be inspired and honored to be able to witness their growth. The staff at KECE looks forward to continuing to work with you as a partner in educating your child in the year 2020. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on helping us make this a successful Fall semester for the students of KECE. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to enhance, day by day, the excellence in education that Kiddieland continues to provide. Traveling the path to success can only be achieved when parents and educators work together. We feel blessed to have created a school that exemplifies doing “whatever it takes” for the children in our community. This is why we welcome all families to be a part of their child’s classroom, helping us form that strong sense of community that is so special for a child’s growth and development.
Kiddieland ECE has completed all of the winter maintenance and clean-up for our building in preparation of the upcoming months. We ask parents to please report any problems you may encounter: lighting, playground, parking lot safety, and any other concerns or incidents. As long as we are advised of a problem, we will do our best to rectify any issues immediately to ensure safety and security.
This Fall, we welcomed back two exciting programs and will continue throughout the rest of the school year: Creative Movement for all classrooms with Ms. Jasmine and Mad Science with Professor Atomic Wade in the Kinder Foundation and Junior Scholars Classrooms.
In the event that it is necessary for Kiddieland ECE II to close due to weather or some unforeseen event, parents will be notified via email, phone calls, or text. Therefore, in case
of a heavy snow accumulation, please check your email, voicemail, or text before bringing your child to Kiddieland ECE II to avoid an unnecessary trip. Please be sure that we have all of your updated and current information if we need to contact you.
A payment history of your 2019 Kiddieland ECE II tuition will be provided to each family in mid-January. This information is valuable when preparing your 2019 income tax returns and flexible spending accounts for child care.
Please remember, ALL students must arrive to school no later than 9:00 AM.
Attached is a copy of the 2020 Winter/Spring Calendar listing important dates, vacations, holidays, special events, and one early dismissal day.
Please stay alert as students bring home important information as well as emails, postings on the doors, on clipboards, also letters from the school throughout the year. In keeping with our efforts to maintain the lines of communication open. The teachers are there to answer any specific questions and we simply love you being a part of the classroom.
The cold weather has returned, and even in the cold weather months, we believe that outdoor recess is an important and valuable part of the student’s day. Children need to move during their day, it is a time for students to burn off some of that “energy” they have stored all morning, get some exercise, and simply socialize with their peers. Students will go outside most days during their scheduled outdoor time, unless the weather is extreme, raining, or unsafe. With that in mind, we ask that you consider the temperature and weather conditions outside as your child prepares to come to school each day and have them dress appropriately. Warm winter jackets/coats, hats, boots, scarves, gloves/mittens and snow pants in winter are essential for the students to be able to enjoy their time at play outside. Also, now is a good time to change out your child’s spare clothing from the classroom cubbies to winter spare clothing.
Boot trays are placed outside of your child’s classroom; please be sure to have a spare pair of shoes for your child to use specifically at Kiddieland. Kindly have all personal items marked with your child’s name for easy identification. We realize that the temperature in our building may vary, so dressing in layers is a good practice. Kiddieland ECE is characterized by maintaining an impeccable indoor and outdoor facility. Help us continue this by doing your best to remove snow and salt from your boots prior to entry and using our green carpet runners to absorb the excess snow and salt that may have remained. Please ensure adults and children remove boots/shoes before entering the classroom.
- As security is always a priority, we ask that you not share your keyless entry code with anyone and most importantly, do not allow anyone to piggyback into the building on your code. As stated in the parent manual, there is a fine for sharing your keyless entry code with anyone. Please remember that this is for the safety of your children. Also, it is necessary that parents/guardians always sign children in and out each morning and evening.
- For the safety of your young child, we would like parents to remember that children, who are unable to tie their shoes, should only wear shoes without laces.
- Children should arrive to Kiddieland ECE before 9:00 AM but no later than 10:00 AM unless Kiddieland ECE is previously notified and arrives with a doctor’s note.
- If children are not here during breakfast time, lunch time, or snack time, make sure he/she has eaten before coming. Otherwise they will have to wait until the next meal time. (Please refer to the Daily Schedule for this information)
- All food prepared and served in Kiddieland ECE are to be consumed in the classroom.
- There is no outside food/drink allowed in the center. Parents should wait with children in the car until they finished with their food/ drink and then bring them inside.
- All children should arrive each day with his/her nails trimmed, to avoid accidents.
- Please call the center and let us know when and why children will be absent.
- Please ensure your child’s cubby/basket is updated with clothes needed for the following fall season and the appropriate size. parents to review their child’s current file to confirm addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, authorized adults for child pick-up, and medical information.
- Please do not use the rear emergency door for entrance and exit. This is to be used only for when the children go to and from the playground and as an emergency exit.
- Please, respect the hours of operations 7am to 6pm.
- Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook
We ask all families to update your child’s information form with Mrs. Lea Gambino. It is imperative for your child’s folder to hold current and updated information. All children’s physical forms must be up to date with all vaccinations and tests. we are instead asking parents to review their child’s current file to confirm addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, authorized adults for child pick-up, and medical information.
Please take advantage of our open door policy by coming and serving as a chaperone, story teller, assisting in an activity, or sharing your talent to the classrooms
The aspects regarding the safety of children, families, neighbors, suppliers, and institutions are important to us. Please, notify a staff member if there are any concerns regarding the security of the school and we will make sure your concern is attended to immediately. Once again, we ask that when entering the building, you use your own personal code and not piggyback on the code of another family. Please know that this is for the safety of all of our children.
In closing, all of the staff and I would like to wish our entire KIDDIELAND ECE family and friends the very happiest of holiday seasons. It has been a pleasure working with you and your children this year and we look forward to continuing that relationship in the coming year.